How to create a manual quiz?Last Updated: January 16, 2020
Go to Editor > Questions and Quizzes > View All Quizzes -> Add New Quiz.
On the 'Create New Quiz' page, select Quiz Type = Manual.
- Quiz Title – Title of the quiz. This will be visible to the users.
- Quiz Description – Description of the quiz in a few words.
- Enable Timer? – Check this option if you want this quiz to be timed. Enter the number of minutes within which the quiz takers will have to complete the quiz.
- Add the result to all Leaderboards? – Uncheck this option if you don’t want the results and scores of this quiz to be added to Leaderboards.
- Allow multiple attempts for this quiz? – Check this option if you want quiz takers to be able to take this quiz till they score a minimum percentage. Enter the percentage in the text box below.
- Allow Quiz Retake – Check this option if you want quiz takers to be able to retake this quiz on their own.
- Start Date – Click on the calendar icon to select a start date of the quiz. The quiz will become available to the quiz takers from this date.
- End Date - Click on the calendar icon to select an end date of the quiz. The quiz will cease to become available to the quiz takers from this date.
- Attach to Competitions – You can choose to add this quiz to an ongoing competition. Goto Section Competitions’ to know more about competitions.
- Set Reminder - This feature lets you set a reminder and schedule it to be delivered to the quiz takers about the status of the quiz. To schedule a reminder, click on the "Add" button at the top right corner of the Schedule Reminder section. It will open the following popup.
Send Type: This field lets you decide if you want to send the reminder on a specific date or if you want to send it depending on the end date of the quiz.
Date to send: Here, select the date and time when you want to send the reminder.
Send before end (In Days): If you select "Depends on Quiz End Date" then you will see this field. Here, enter the number of days before the end date of the quiz when you want to send the reminder.
Send To: Here you can choose to send it to "Everyone" or a "Group".
Filter By: Here you can filter the quiz takers to whom you want to send the reminder. There are 3 options to choose from-- "All", "Completed", "Not Completed".
Teams: If you have selected "Group" in the Send To field then you have to select the teams to whom you want to send the reminder.
Message: This will display the message that will be sent in the reminder. This field will have an auto-generated message but you can change it according to your requirement.
Once you are done filling all these fields for the reminder, click on the "Save" button. This will add the reminder successfully to the quiz.
Once you fill all the details on this page, click on the "Save and Add Questions" to save the quiz.
Add Questions to Quiz
Once you have completed the steps to create a quiz, you can now add questions to the quiz.
Select questions by searching with the different search criteria and checking the checkbox to the left of each question.
After selecting the questions, click on ‘Save’. Next, we can assign the quiz to the participants.
Assign quiz to participants
Once you have completed the steps of creating a quiz and adding questions to the quiz, you can now assign this quiz to different participants.
You can use several search criteria to select people to assign the quiz. Check the checkboxes of the participants to whom you want to assign the quiz.
Once you have selected the participants, click on the ‘Save’ button at the bottom of the page.
You can also select a specific Group of users to whom you want to send the quiz.
On success, a success popup message like this will show.