What is a Challenge?Last Updated: May 11, 2020
Challenge is defined as 'a call to someone to participate in a competitive situation or fight to decide who is superior in terms of ability or strength.' Challenges are an age old concept in video games. Where one player challenges the other. It brings another level of competitiveness and enthusiasm in the game.
SmartWinnr uses the same concept and enables you to create challenges amongst individuals, teams or even managers.
When to use Challenges?
Timing is important in any gamification. There are different times when you can introduce challenges:
- Challenges have an important part to play when enthusiasm in a game is ebbing. If the game has been running for quite sometime and reps are no longer interested. Boost it with challenges.
- Challenges are very popular during the 1st half of the month. Sales reps normally try to pull in the maximum sales during the last week of the month or last week of the quarter. Challenges are an interesting way to keep them focused during the slower parts of the month or quarter
- There are different types of challenges that are available in SmartWinnr. Use individual challenges to motivate people individually. Like, when a new person joins the team. Pit her against another new joinee from another team
- Use team challenges when you have to motivate bigger teams. Like, during new product launch, or Q4
- Use manager challenges when you are looking at boosting sales in a smaller region - like territories